Academia Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for academics and those enrolled in higher education. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

In the US, one can request that the university from which one graduated to send copies of one's transcript to other universities (graduate admissions) or prospective employers. I would like to know what is the provision in the Netherlands, if one needs to send a copy of one's transcript to the university in the US.

share|improve this question
Wouldn't it be better to simply ask the university? After all, different universities (even in the US) have different procedures for requesting transcripts, ranging from "I did not know it was that simple" to "I'd rather pull my teeth out than request my transcripts" – user4417 Dec 26 '12 at 18:58
up vote 4 down vote accepted

The best thing to do is probably to contact the student administration of your university. They can make certified copies of your diploma (and presumably also grade transcripts, etc.). You can also contact the Dienst Uitvoering Onderwijs at, which are also authorised to make certified copies.

However, it may be that "ordinary" photocopies suffice, if you tell them that you can show the originals later if necessary. You would have to check with the admissions office though, I do not know about the situation in the US.

share|improve this answer
Thanks Pieter for enlightening me! – ketau Dec 28 '12 at 18:45

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.