I've just started using git for tracking changes in a LaTeX paper I'm writing, and for collaboration with co-authors.
However, I cannot find easily private git repositories with reasonable plans for scientific collaboration (I'm not asking about discounts, just about a different workflow, so no "one team of n developers", but there are "many small project, with different people").
There is ScribTeX, but unfortunately they are going down :/.
- GitHub free for students (otherwise $7/month): only 5 repos
(it will work but not for a long time or I will need to delete my repositories)
- Bitbucket free: only n=5, next ($10/month): only n=10
- Assembla free: priv, but no bug-tracking; next ($9/month): n=3
That is, I'm looking for a repository (free or reasonably priced - i.e. for one with a PhD student salary, not a programmer salary :))
- allowing for:
- many collaborators,
- many private repositories,
- but can have strong limits on:
- users per repository,
- repository size.