Academia Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for academics and those enrolled in higher education. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I need to compare my results with other result, so I need to re-plot the other author's results against my results.

For example I want use this fig as a way of comparing resultsenter image description here

so is there any way to do that or any software can do that?

share|improve this question
Write a short email to the authors, asking for the data for this plot. I don't say that it will work, but it's certainly worth trying. – Piotr Migdal Mar 20 '14 at 16:09
up vote 4 down vote accepted

There are two ways to about this. The first is to contact the authors of the paper containing th graphs and ask if they can supply the data. Otherwise you can search for digitizing software on the web. I have one (open source) that comes to mind Engauge Digitizer but that is not the only one by far.

share|improve this answer
I use Engauge Digitizer but its not going very well ? – user3234456 Mar 20 '14 at 14:02
Two very useful alternatives are G3Data Graph Analyzer and GetData Graph Digitizer. Both of these are very simple to use, simply set up your axis and select the points. If I remember correctly, GetData even has an algorithm that recognizes the marker shape and grabs them all. – Blink Mar 20 '14 at 14:33
Here is an example of the microlayer thickness data: – Blink Mar 20 '14 at 14:40

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.