Academia Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for academics and those enrolled in higher education. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I am searching for Journals in the area of GIS and Remote Sensing in agriculture and water management, with a high impact factor. It is important that these journals pay authors for their articles ... thanks in advance if you can share even one journal's link.

share|improve this question

migrated from Sep 14 '13 at 18:45

This question came from our site for cartographers, geographers and GIS professionals.

"journals pay autors for the article" - there are no academic journals that pay the author - there are some that ask the author to pay for a publishing fee (mostly newer open access journals). – Andy W Sep 13 '13 at 18:51
scientific journals or other journals no academic .... May I find in this list such , which pay authors .... etc... – Argishti Sep 13 '13 at 18:55
You can practically guarantee that "pay the author" and "high impact" are mutually exclusive: I put to you the answer is the empty set. – whuber Sep 13 '13 at 19:04
This question seems better suited for Academia Stack Exchange. I am requesting a question migration. – Conor Sep 13 '13 at 21:55

I agree with the comments above—the idea of journals paying authors for articles guarantees that you will not have a high-impact journal. A trade publication might pay an author, but a reputable journal should not.

On the other hand, there are very likely good journals which do not require authors to pay "page charges" to get the article published. But you'll look in vain if you want high-quality and profit!

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.